Friday, January 29, 2010

Our "Beachy" guest room!

Our Guest Room redo was my husband's Christmas Gift to me!  He selected the color and bought the bedroom furniture from Haverty's.  I've finally added my collection of shells and sand dollars from Tybee!  (Also a few from our trips to other beaches.)  My "alternative down" comforter is by  "Laura Ashley"  and it's from Marshall's and the shell quilt is one my Mom had on a shelf in her closet....it's from TJ Maxx.....  Still haven't found a lamp for the bedside table yet.  It wasn't the sunniest day when the pics were taken...but the room is soooo bright and airy!  The blue color really only looks true to actuallity in the first pic I have posted here...with the bird, drift wood, and shells!  All the others are showing up too dark...We really enjoy just peeking in there...which is often since the room is right at the top of the stairs!!!

 


I included the photo, on the dresser,  which was taken years ago on River Street in Savannah, GA during our annual July 4th family reunion!  My siblings and I ...in our birth order, from left to right!!  Yes, there are 5 girls and 1 boy!!!!  (I'm the blonde (2nd oldest so 2nd from the left).   I just wish we all lived closer so we could visit more often.....But...I do have 2 guest rooms now so maybe they'll visit?????  We all have sooo much going on in our lives it's kind of hard to get together.

I wish I was better at photographing....but if I retry...I'd probably never post....and it's been forever since I last posted!!! 

7 comments:

Design A-Peele said...

Thanks so much! I really enjoyed making the shirt for her. So you are from Macon, right? I am heading your way tonight! Hope you have a great weekend!

Judy said...

Yes, we've lived here for about 10 years. We're on Wesleyan Woods Drive! Also big GA fans!! Especially my husband. Hope you all have a great visit! Love your blog, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Your husband did a great job picking out the paint and furniture. What a nice guy! Love that kind of gift. Make sure you post more photos as you add good stuff into the room. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love love love that color blue! I heard it's one of the top colors for 2010...smart girl ;)
xoxo Susie

Mami Made It said...

The guestroom is so beautiful! Your husband has an awesome good taste! Very rare!

Judy said...

Thank you all for the sweet comments!

Katie said...

LOVE love love that color!!!