Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tybee Island

Check out one of the blogs I love to follow....The Lettered Cottage!  here   Layla and Kevin are presently on Tybee decorating a cute little cottage!!!!  One of many  owned by Diane Kaufman of Mermaid Cottage Rentals, see Mermaid Cottages, Tybee Island, GA.  This one used to be the Mess Hall (in the old fort area.)  My mom and dad reside on Tybee Island, and we usually stay at their home when we visit...(we only live 3 hours away!)  But...in July, when we go for our  4th of July annual family reunion, some of the family won't fit, (I've mentioned before, I have 4 sisters and 1 brother all of which are married and have children...) soooo my husband and I stayed at the "Doodle Bug" a couple of years ago with my sister and her family.  Last year we stayed at "The Mermaid's Tale".  This year...4th of July annual family reunion, we'll be staying in a big, new, beautiful house directly across the street from my parent's home on Butler Avenue.   ....TYBEE.... ahhhh the beach!!! I'll be there sooooonnnn!

If you happen to be there this coming Saturday, June 26th, there will be an open house from 2:00-4:00 you can check out the remodelled cottage by Layla & Kevin!!!

5 comments:

Jennifer@Pieces of Me said...

I <3 The Lettered Cottage!!! I heard of Tybee Island from Mary Kay Andrews books, fell in love, and plan (Hope) to visit real soon!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I love the Tybee Island area myself. Have fun. sandie

Melanie said...

I am stopping by from Southern Comfort in a northern life and I was tickled to see that you live in Macon. I was just in LaGrange & Conyers about a week ago. I love meeting southern buddies. I am up here in the north and I miss the south desperately.

Judy said...

Thanks for all your sweet comments! And thanks for reading my blog posts! I really enjoy all of yours also!

Playing Sublimely said...

really nice meeting you!
Love,
Amy