Sunday, February 3, 2013

SWEET OWL QUILT FOR A SWEET BABY GIRL



Last October (2012)  I found out my daughter is expecting a sweet baby girl, March 8, 2013!!!!!  I wanted to make LOTS of baby girl things...but didn't know where to start!  My daughter Michelle, does not like PINK, loves purple and green though!  Next, I had to ask her a 'theme'!  She's not so big on 'themes' but LOVES animals!  So....I finally decided on OWLS!!!  I only learned how to Applique a few months ago and love it!  So I started looking on the internet for 'owl' designs! That was fun and easy!  Soooo many cute designs and soooo many sites to shop for them.  Of course I didn't stop there....went on to puppies, dragonflies, monkeys.....but....first things first, I made a Quilt using my newly purchased owl designs.  I haven't ever made a quilt before, so after further internet surfing, I came upon so many wonderful Blogs sharing quilting tips and ideas! 
Next I went to a local fabric store and picked out lots of pretty fabrics!  Some I ended up using, others I set aside for future projects!  

Ready to Applique!!!!


  

so I used a lot of coordinating fabrics and began to stitch.....


I even had both machines going at the same time trying to stitch out some cocktail napkins as Thanksgiving hostess gifts for my Mom and Aunt!



I had to do further research to figure out how to 'quilt' with the batting and how to stitch on the binding!


front


purple minky fabric on the back


This green dot fabric was my absolute favorite!!!!  So I chose it for my binding.


I added the baby's Monogram and voila!!!!  Finished by Christmas!

I made a couple of Bibs too
My husband & I live in Georgia and my daughter, Michelle, and my son Stephen, live in Colorado!!  Sooooo far away.....but my husband took me out there for a beautiful white, snowy Christmas!!!!!









Me and Michelle in Crested Butte, CO

My guys....Todd, my husband, and Stephen, my son
Christmas in Crested Butte, CO 2012

Stephen and me!
Sharing this post at:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This quilt is beautiful! All the owls look so cute and sweet. You did a wonderful job! I'm pinning this!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-17_2.html

Judy said...

Thank you Tonna! Glad to find your Blog!

Judy said...

This quilt is Amazing!! I have never done this. Is it easy? Oh my I'm so impressed and think they are just Awesome!!